Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My finger itches

Iain, the annoying ass that he is, got to attend NXNE while back in Toronto. I meanwhile was stuck enjoying a sunny, beach-ridden vacation in Morocco. Honestly... some people get all the luck.

Whilst at NXNE, Iain stumbled across a band which intrigued me in name alone. Triggerfinger was enough to warrant a bit more research and upon searching, I found my knack for music taxonomy would pay off. One doesn't traditionally think of Belgium when they think of rock and roll, mind you one also doesn't think of peanut butter when they think of industrial sealant.

Think about it.

Right. I couldn't find much about these guys, but they're a 3 piece which looks 'well traveled' (read: old) and yet still knows how to churn it out. They seem to be getting a lot of notoriety throughout Europe, yet still have to break through the iron wall of rock that surrounds North America.

If you look at the video below, you'll see that they're not going to win any beauty contests, but their frontman does have a bit of a Nick Cave thing going on.



-Read me for what I'm almost worth